In order to create a tZERO account, you will need a photo ID.
- What are the requirements for the photo?
- Why is tZERO Markets collecting this information?
- My image is too small! What can I do?
- My image is not accepted, and I don't know why!
What are the requirements for the photo?
- File Size Minimum 800kb
- PNG, PDF, JPG, JPEG file types accepted
- All 4 corners of your ID must be visible against a contrasting backdrop. Do not hold your ID when taking a photo
- File type cannot be HEIC (this happens when you take a live image using an iPhone)
- Do not have a glare when taking the photo
- Do not include multiple images in the upload
Why is tZERO Markets collecting this information?
As a FINRA and SEC registered broker dealer, tZERO Markets is required under federal law (including under the US Patriot Act of 2001) to collect your name, address, tax ID / SSN and date of birth and verify your identity. This information is used to prevent known money launderers and terrorists from gaining access to capital markets.
(From tZERO's Website)
My image is too small! What can I do?
If your file is too small, you can take a photo with your phone (which is often a large enough file) or use Squoosh app to make it larger. You can see instructions for that here: How to make Photo ID file larger for tZERO 800kB requirement
My image is not accepted, and I don't know why!
If you are having trouble with your image, you can first check the requirements: What are the requirements for the photo?
If your image follows the requirements, or you're not sure how to check them, please email our team at "email@example.com".