The recent release to the XYO Network app allows users to register and update an XY Sentinel's firmware. Here are some helpful tips for iOS users who encounter any difficulties while undertaking this update.
- Try it again! You may see an error message, which could be caused by a minor difficulty with your Bluetooth connection, internet connection, or battery contact. Take a moment to restart Bluetooth service in your iPhone's settings, restart the XYO Network app, and try again.
- Close COIN. If you have XYO Network's popular app that also works with XY Sentinels, COIN - The New Economy, open on your iOS device, double click the Home button and close it out fully before proceeding.
- Open and close the XY Sentinel. Take the battery out, put it back in, and try again. This forces the XY Sentinel to reboot, and ensures the battery is properly seated.
- Change the battery. This is a big one! If all else fails, please change the battery in your XY Sentinel. Each XY Sentinel (or XY4+) takes a single CR3032 battery for small electronics. The firmware update takes a lot of power, a lot more than regular operation requires.
- Contact us! If changing the battery in your XY Sentinel still does not resolve the problem, let us know. XY Customer Obsession would love to help.